Monday, August 13, 2012

Laundry Area

Hey there – I wanted to reveal a finished laundry/mud room, but not today.  Seems it’s a good catch all room.  I suppose it always will be.  The laundry room is located right off the garage, and near the dining room patio doors.  There is a half bath in the mudroom area and a large closet for the furnace, water heater and then access to the crawl space. 
However, I did want to share part of it and this shelf.
IMG_9142
Here is the shelf before.  This was in our old house, left by the previous owners, but I saw potential when we were unloading it to move.  (Had to give Greg something else to use in the garage now!) 
I’ve been inspired by so  many things on Pinterest with the Industrial theme.  So I got some spray paint and went to work.  This is Krylon Spray Paint that I picked up at the local Hardware Hank.  (I can't find the cans to see the color name now!)

Then I gathered up all of the metal baskets I have so far. 
IMG_9382
I love that I can still have a place for all that extra crap that we need, but looks hideous.  And now it can look pretty.  Mostly it’s extra things like my scentsy waxes, and extension cords. But it’s a good place for them.
IMG_9384
Right now, this is how the rest of the room looks.  I can function in the laundry area, but the rest is a catch all for tools and supplies for the rest of the house.  It will be a great room once we are done tho.
IMG_9385
Here is the laundry area of the room.  There is a pocket door there, that will close off the room when we have company.
IMG_9386
And this is the other side that leads out to the garage.  Over on the left is where I’ll put in cubbies for coats and stuff.  On the other side is the bathroom. 

Linking to Not Just a Housewife.

1 comment:

  1. So much better! I love that color too. Great job Katie!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting us in the country. We appreciate your comments.